dwindling alarmingly in the shrinking pages of today's print media. Here are some of her points of concern:
* Fewer reviews are appearing.
* This is an issue for potential audiences in selecting arts experiences.
* This is an issue for companies having their achievements acknowledged.
* This is an issue for governments in assessing the value of their arts grants.
* This is an issue for taxpayers, since arts budgets are paid from the public purse.
* This is an issue for sponsors and advertisers, who expect returns on their investment.
* This is an issue for critics in employment and also for academics and students in arts analysis and understanding.
* This is an issue for the cultural history of our country.
* The record is not being kept.
Robert McFarlane, singer, for his performance in the St John Passion with the Adelaide Chamber Singers.
Windmill Theatre for its production of School Dance.
PERFORMING ARTS EMERGING ARTIST
Kate Cheel, for her performance in State Theatre's The Glass Menagerie.
IAF INNOVATION AWARD
Adam Synott, composer and media artist, for Pari passu with Leigh Warren and Dancers.
VISUAL ARTS - EMERGING ARTIST
ADELAIDE CRITICS CIRCLE AMATEUR AWARDS THE COOPERS
GROUP AWARD - Marie Clark Musical Theatre for its outstanding production of Forbidden Broadway.
INDIVIDUAL AWARD - Michael Baldwin, actor, for his performance in Antigone with the Adelaide University Theatre Guild.